Sonntag, 3. März 2013

Perfume

Hello dears, 

I am so sorry for the lack of posts, but this will be over now: tomorrow I finally got my last exam!

For today I need to show you TOPSECRETDUFT, an onlineshop that offers to design ones own parfume. I was pretty excited how it works and of course about the result.
For more details read more below:



First step
First you need to order your own "perfume box" on TOPSECRETDUFT.
After a few days you will receive a small package that contents the follwing things:

Small perfume flasks : Essences and aromes
A lot of test strips 
Personal code to order your perfume after you designed it


Second step

I started to smell at every little essence flask and decided which one I liked and separate them from the ones I didn't. The special thing is that I did not know which essence I actually smelled. All the flasks are numbered and I got to now the actual content not before I received my perfume. So I needed to rely on my senses and was not influenced by descriptions.

Then I dropped the essences on the test strips. I needed to take a break after a few essences because after I smelled 4-5 essences I actually did not recognized any difference :D (To smell some coffee is also a good solution).



Third step

After I got all the strips prepared I needed to put them all together and fan them out. 
Now you can smell the whole bouquet of your own perfume. First I recognized some notes I did not like in this collection, so I just sorted them out. When I was happy with my choice I started to smell the rest of the flasks with the aromes to add another note to my perfume.
At the end I fronted all the test strips I chose to smell my perfume as a whole. 
Totally satisfied :)

Last step

In the end I just needed to enter the website and set my code and essences. You even got the opportunity to place your favorite picture on the flask. (Unfortunately I chose the wrong size of my picture).
 Et voilà here it is - my personal perfume!




My opinion

I had a lot of fun while designing my own perfume and it was pretty easy. It was very interesting to choose the essences and see what they become when you put them together. 
First I was quite skeptical. I could not imagine that the perfume I designed will smell the same as the test stripes. So I retested it with some new test strips after I received the perfume and it is completely similar. (Honestly I need to say that it is even better!).

All in all I need to say that it is a great thing to know that the perfume I am wearing is inimitable. 




Kommentare:

  1. sehr netter post!! hört sich toll an, sein eigenes parfum zu designen. hab das früher (mit ca 8 haha) mit parfumproben gemacht...furchtbar!!

    hoffe du hast viel freude damit :)

    xx
    http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wooow it really seems like a wonderful adventure to design your own perfume!

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they will be benefited from this
    website.

    my web-site - annayake

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you so much for your comments - I am chuffed about every single one!

But please do not post any "follow each other" comments. If you like my blog I would love you to follow it!